Friday, July 24, 2009

Art in architecture

The texture on this wall was fantastic. Weathered, worn, cracked, fantastic.





Just playing with focus, depth...



Working for a structural engineering firm, this one is particularly interesting. They 'fixed' the concrete foundation for this with a metal strap. I like the rust, the cracking, the metal, concrete..


Perspective....



Old power station at Great Falls - still operating



Okay, I can't take credit for this one, but i still like it. The focus, the weathered chain, bright paint, missing paint, wood and metal... very cool.





Yup, downtown Lethbridge, wandering down a back alley.




I know, dust on the sensor, I'll photoshop it out later.


Details...


I just like the angles and tones in this one.

Old building used in coal mining down at Indian Battle Park




Outside my current residence.

I think I like this one the best out of this set. As we were walking down the alleys and taking pictures a local walked by and told us to be careful if we went any closer to this building...becauze of the needles and 'stuff'.


Well, that's all for this time.


2 comments:

  1. Dear SAB,
    ok I love your pictures. I really do. But I would also love to hear your prospective on things. Join us in the blogging world? what do ya say? A little(more than a sentance worth) dialog to go with the fab photos?
    wink wink
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes I know I spelt perspective wrong. I didn't read it before I hit the post comment button!

    ReplyDelete