Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Natural HodgePodge

Here is my second post. These pictures are all from different places that I've been to this year. This post is kind of a hodgepodge of stuff but it's mostly me just experimenting with the camera and trying different things. Like I said before, I'm new at this but I've found that I realy enjoy it. I like finding the detail in everyday things. These ones are mostly of the detail and intricacies that you find in nature.

Elbow falls, in the spring. I wanted to go across the river to this cave but there's no way I was going into the freezing cold water at this point. Yes, there was still snow and ice all around.

These guys however, were insane. Kayaking over the falls. Of course, they had on full body dry suits and all the gear they needed. Still.... seems like a lot of cold for a short thrill. Fun, but not my type of fun. I'll sit on the side and take the pictures thanks.



Japanese gardens. Still experimenting with lighting and exposure and such. I'd like to take some time and edit this one in Photoshop a bit, but just haven't had the time so far.

Cousins, friends...



Sometimes the coolest things are man-made, but fit in with nature.





This one was really almost an accident. Downtown Lethbridge, in a park, hollow tree so I stuck the camera in and voila.


There's a lot going on in this picture. The trees, the sunlight, the light pole. I like the way it all fits together.



I was lucky on this one and caught the focus right where I wanted it.



I didn't take this one... but I'll still claim it... Same camera.


Life and death.







This one was taken in Great Falls Montana.








Those are ashes / coals in the foreground. I just liked the focus on this one.



Again, no post editing on this one. Sometimes you just get lucky.






Thats all for now. maybe next time there will be some sort of semblance of order or theme to the post. oh well....

1 comment:

  1. Now I know that when people say a picture is like a thousand words, that they are talking about your pics.

    ReplyDelete